Friday, June 20, 2008

Motivation behind this blog

I consider most Final Fantasy XI-oriented "blogs" utter trash. No one wants to read about some FOBs waxing solecistic or fat, narcissistic bitches preening about some loot they leeched or be inundated with screenshots demonstrating that they lootwhored such and such.

Now, I don't have any grandiose aspirations for this blog of mine other than to document some esoteric issues that I come across (rather, inflict upon myself) in the day-to-day playing of FFXI. But I do fancy the idea of building a reasonable alternative to those garbage "blogs" that shed no light whatsoever and serve only as monuments to grotesque self-importance.

Why bother discussing things of very limited interest anyway? Frankly, no one I know in FFXI actually cares about any of the issues I take up, so I don't bother bringing things up with them, but I hope that someone out there might care and call me on some mistaken assertion or learn something that is worth knowing to them. I'm an optimist that way.

2 comments:

  1. This is the kind of blog I been waiting for. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
    Cheers, and good hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this pure factual hardcore math aprouch to stuff. lots of good science going on here

    Titan.GaiaRorshack

    ReplyDelete